Thursday, February 24, 2011

Motherhood ain't always a bed of roses

I have been told numerous times that i make out my journey through motherhood to be a bed of roses.
As though it's all smiles and giggles and nothing is never hard.
Well, if that is what i have made is seem...
let me correct myself...
Motherhood is hard. 


Motherhood was hard from the beginning and that is why i don't quite understand why all these teen girls are spreading their legs and starting their own circle of life.
I knew what i was getting into when i got preg. Emma was a planned pregnancy.
I've dealt with many a kids in my life to know exactly what i was getting into.


And yet, Yes i will admit it, there have still been times i wanted to run away.


*GASP* How could a mother ever use such words.


It's true. I'm not gonna lie. Life with a kid ain't lollipops and suckers here.
For the first 3 1/2 mths of Emma's life, I got 1 hr sleep in a 24 hr period. 2 hrs if i was lucky.
She was colicky and all she did.... cry, cry, and cry some more.
If you have ever been around a crying baby that cries from up to 22-23 hrs a day... you'd wanna run away too. No matter how much love you have for that child and no matter how much of a mother you wanted to be.


Some days, even now, after the 30th temper tantrum i have to ignore and after the 500th time of telling her to NOT do something .... Yea ... running away to a beach with some fine hunks sounds really nice. 


I still love my job. I still wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I have the right to day dream.
Because my husband is the bread maker for this family, and i'm the sahm .. I'm the bad cop.
Although i get to enjoy all the good times too.. I'm the one who has to say "No, stop it, LISTEN TO ME!"


So, if you are a 16 yr old out there... who thinks they are mature enough to spread their legs, then be prepared to be mature enough to deal with the good and the bad.


I am a 22 yr old. To many... That is young.... But maturity wise i know... deep down inside... i could rank with many 50 yr olds of today! 


I get bad looks and mean comments a plenty. But i have to brush those off.


Last week, i was shopping and Emma decided she wanted to throw a fit... why?
Because momma wasn't gonna buy her the hokey pokey dancing Elmo doll.
I told her no, and kept walking...
what happened after was fate...


She threw the biggest fit...
I ignored it because i'm not gonna give her attention for acting out.
This woman walks up to me and says, "with the way you are unable to handle your child, i really hope you never choose to reproduce again."


... all i could do is laugh. If you have never had a child, i get it, you don't understand... But if you have... then you know kids are gonna throw temper tantrums...
That's why they are called kids and not adults... Hell i even know some adults that still do it.


but back to what i was saying....


Please don't go spreading your legs and simply breeding just because you think carrying a 1 mth old in your arms is cute. It's a life long decision and its sick seeing teens getting preg because they want an accessory.
Because you'll be toting around not only a 1 mth old, but spit up and pooey diapers too.


Think before you sink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment