Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Having a baby... changes well.. almost everything

Although I'm not a fan of calling it out, It's true. And I'm not too cowardly to admit it.

My boobs aren't quite as high, my hips a a bit wider, and i streach marks to remind me of the bowling ball i carried out in front of me. My hip now tend to pop outta place from time to time and Although i've lost the weight i still have a pooch where my belly is. I have circles under my eyes and i def. don't have the energy level that i used to.

But... for all the things that i don't have (or have extra of) I'd never trade it for my daughter. She's was well worth it all.

One thing i wouldn't mind though... Is if my child would set her internal alarm clock back to at least 8 am. Here for the past month or so she wakes up at 6:30am....Yawnnnn

I even let her stay up until 10 pm the other night hoping i could get a day of a little extra sleep...
Nope... like clock work she was up, 6:30... right on the dot.

This sat. I am switching her crib to the toddler bed conversion. My MIL thinks i'm being dumb about it and that i should trap her in her crib for as long as possible...
the thing is ... i don't give a dern what my MIL thinks.

My opinion is that she is getting closer and closer to her terrible two tantrums..(if it gets worse than it is now.. im in for it) and i don't want to fight those and switching beds, all at the same time. Also, i feel very secure that she can safely get up and down from things. So, My plan of attack is to switch it over first thing sat. morning....That way, after breakfast, she can have plenty of time learning to get up and down from it.

This is what it looks like as a crib..
And this...


Is what it looks like as the toddler bed. I like that it has rails at both ends because she never sleeps the same way from night to night. 

These are the sheets we bought for it..


we also have a backyardagains set but i looove this one because it matches her room....
This is her room, well right after we had moved into the house, so excuse the mess..



and she loooves animals, so that works for me.


I think she will love it. She LOVES doing big people things. I also already have a potty for her. People think i'm crazy for that too. Yea, right now she can't "know" to go but she loves sitting on it when i go to the bathroom... So it's a learning process. And if it's teaching her then i'm willing to do it.

I can't wait until summer. I have a little water child. Were gonna get this really neat sprinkler thing i found that looks something like..
 and were gonna hopefully get a pool like this where there's room we can get in with her but not all that deep. Just something fun.
But what i'm most excited about is...
although that one is 2k... we found one at our local costco that is half that and basically the same thing so with our plans we should be able to have it here and set up within the next month and a half!! which means she has a great majority of the good weather season to enjoy it!! Sooo excited. I'm sure she is going to love it.

Well, it is time for me to hop in the shower.
Happy momma days readers!

1 comment:

  1. MIL's always think we are being dumb about everything anyway... plus thats why they call it a toddler bed.lol

    ReplyDelete