Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thoughts i thought

Life seems to go by so quickly.
One minute your five years old and creating chalk pictures all over the driveway and
the next minute your an adult watching your child drawing the pictures.
There are a lot of things I've learned through life.
Maybe not always the way i wanted to have to learn the lessons,
but the lessons i have learned all the same.

One thing that is particularly sticking with me lately is taking every moment of every day to
appreciate and cherish all the small things. 
Because, truly...
If you can't how are you to really appreciate the big things?

Today, while Emma was napping, i planted some flowers out in front of our house. This coming July will be one whole year that we have owned our house. I feel truly blessed.
I'm so thankful to have a place that i can call home and not only that but i can put hard work into.
I can get out there and get dirty and do what I'd like with it and make it my own.

It feels good to be able to take a step back and say.."I did that".
I can't wait until the flowers bloom.

There is one flower tho at this house that has been growing for 16 months now!
She is growing and becoming more and more beautiful with each rising sun.
She has become quite a little lady too.
She always says please and thank you without me having to ask her to.
She doesn't complain about bed time. Actually i think she likes the big girl bed.

But every day, the more she grows, I'm finding myself growing more torn by the situation.
I love seeing who she is growing into. I love listening to her rambles, even if i can understand all of her language yet...
but at the same time, i want to just go find the biggest bolder i can and stick it on her head.
My baby is growing up too quickly. And there is nothing i can do about it.

She is such a good little girl. 
She's turning into her own little person.
She has decided that she hates fruit but LOVES veggies.
She would prefer veggies for every meal over anything else.
She loves reading me books now. She gets frustrated if i try to read and she was wanting to.
She has started to try dressing herself and putting on shoes. Usually with no luck but i give an A for effort.
She loves bracelets. I never wear them so idk where so got the love from them. But i love that she is who she is.
I hope the world does not change that as she gets older and i hope i can teach her
to love who she is for who she is and not for what anyone else tells her to be.
I love that she knows what she likes and she knows what she doesn't. 

I can't believe that little bundle of joy is now a little lady. 
Where does time go?







No comments:

Post a Comment